Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Smartie Pants

I originally conceived the idea for this pun illustration back during 'Inktober 2015', when I was trying to come up with some ideas for ink-based art I could do quickly to fill the quota for the event.  Smartie has evolved a bit since her initial creation which can be seen here in all her glory.
When I began making more illustrations in the series, I thought it would great to include her.

The pun is pretty straightforward with this one.  I have a smartie, reading her favorite book..."Hairy Potter".  I gave her a set of oversized glasses, and an aloof expression, as she is incredibly engrossed in her book.  It is entirely digital, made in Illustrator, Painter, and Photoshop.

It was originally sold exclusively at Wondercon that year, but is also available on my etsy store here:
Smartie Pants
Smartie Pants (Tote Bag)

Her favorite literary hero is also available by himself on my etsy store here:
Hairy Potter (Pin)


No comments:

Post a Comment