Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Hard Core

This pun-based illustration was first conceptualized around the same time as the first set of original 'Dementibles' (or 'Just for Pun', which I like better), but I didn't finish it in time for Wondercon that year (2016).  I decided for the 2017 show to complete a couple more because the designs were so well recieved.

The idea for this image came pretty easily.  It was basically a play on several social stereotypes, but I wanted to represent the concepts in the most pun-able ways possible.  I dressed the apple in a traditional do-rag, old english tattoo, and gave him a nifty set of kicks, in addition to some more common survival accessories.  It is entirely digital, made in Illustrator, Painter, and Photoshop.

It was originally sold exclusively at Wondercon that year, but is also available on my etsy store here:
Hard Core



No comments:

Post a Comment