Sunday, March 15, 2020

Kyrin


This illustration was commissioned by author Catherine Cruzan, and depicts a character from two of her fantasy novels ‘Elfkind’, and ‘Chasing Brother Moon’.
I was given quite a bit of free reign in my designing process, and as this was the second commission I have done for this particular client.  I was provided with some context for ‘Kyrin’, which included excerpts from the afformentioend novels, as well as some physical appearance references dictated by the author’s vision.
I did a bit of research initially, and set about sketching out the principle design of the character.
From the descriptions I had read, ‘Kyrin’, was an elven warrior, mostly scout type, who had a fondness for climbing trees and eating apples.
His attire was detailed as being mostly leather, and a tunic typical of an elvish character in this type of literary realm.
He also had a penchant for using ornamental daggers, also depicted.
This particular image, as with the previous image done for this client (The Grahze), I wanted to keep it looking ‘sketchy’, and ‘loose’.
I enjoyed working on this piece, as I did with the previous one, and would like to look into exploring more work in this style.

The illustration is entirely digital, and was developed mostly in Procreate, with some manipulations done in Photoshop.































IG: stiles1978
Tumblr: stiles1978
Twitter: paragonofpuns

No comments:

Post a Comment