Sunday, October 26, 2014

Ultron

IF (Illustration Friday) 10/24/14, the topic was Puppet.  For this topic I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to do.  I had some ideas, but they were all rooted in the same area and I wanted to attempt something different, and less complex after last weeks topic.  I came upon the subject matter for this piece while I was watching the early release of the "Avengers: Age of Ultron", trailer in which the song from Disney's Pinocchio plays ("I've Got No Strings"), and in closing Ultron claims he's not their puppet.  It was hard to find good reference for Ultron considering the movie is yet unreleased and his likeness from the comic books has changed over the years (also considering he's had several reincarnations/versions of himself over the years, each with a redesign).  I decided to pick a design that was most easily recognizable to me, since I have some background knowledge in comics, but was not entirely aware of who Ultron was/is.  I also wanted to add an interesting design element to the piece itself, and decided I'd do Ultron's head, with it melting (or at least that was the goal).  Overall I'm satisfied with the piece, but considering the time constraints I have this week, and the detail I put in last weeks piece I'm okay with this weeks simplicity.  The piece is entirely digital done in Painter.

No comments:

Post a Comment