Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Cthulhu

IF (Illustration Friday), 10/10/14 the topic was Octopus.  This topic was difficult for me because I honestly lacked any inspiration for it.  After some brainstorming I eventually came up with an idea that was satisfactory enough for me to keep my interest.  I decided to illustration Lovecraft's 'Cthulhu' for this piece, since the description of the alien deity included his head being that of an octopus (hence why I only illustrated his head as well).  I wanted to make this piece more simplistic, and decided to utilize a different style that I believe created a more haunting visual.  I'm pleased with the final outcome of this piece, and may utilize this strategy with future illustrations.  The piece is entirely digital done in Painter.

No comments:

Post a Comment