Sunday, September 21, 2014

Climate Control

IF (Illustration Friday) 9/19/14, the topic was Novelty.  This particular topic was a difficult one for me, I played around with a few different ideas before ultimately deciding to redo a piece from my undergrad program.  For the original work we were required to create a piece that dealt with a world issue, or political commentary piece.  I chose to address Global Warming in my piece, and created a melting globe of the world inside a Lava Lamp.  I originally wanted to incorporate the entire globe, but it wasn't reading well, so I decided upon the most easily recognizable continents (North/South America).  I would have liked to have done an original piece, but I think this particular exercise was a good fit, and I was able to retune a piece that was original done as a stippling. The piece is entirely digital done in Painter.

No comments:

Post a Comment