Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Slow Burn

IF (Illustration Friday) 11/21/14, the topic was Slow.  This topic wasn't an easy one to visualize, so I took a more literal approach.  I was originally going to spell out the word using snails, or 'slow' things/objects by fitting them within the letter shapes themselves.  I even completed one illustration, but was ultimately unhappy with it, so I scrapped it and decided to pursue the concept that you see here.  I'm not sure at how successful I was in capturing what is wood-burning (having never done it myself), but I think if anything there are some aspects that came across really well. I would have liked to pour more time into the last couple IF's but I have been busy with other projects and personal obligations as well (it's that time of year).  The piece is entirely digital done in Painter.


No comments:

Post a Comment